Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rajput Hindu militia

This originally started out as a small project . Now I have decided to start a line of 28mm miniatures that will cover India from the 1550's to 1850's. It is something that I have always wanted to do and just recently decided to invest a substantial amount of money to get this accomplished. Obviously this is "work in progress" and thought I would share this with everyone. These are the 4 sculpts that I have had done so far. I haven't decided if I am going to open my own web store or have another company distribute the line of figures. I am open to comments and what people would like to see next. I have some Archers and Armored Rajputs being done now.

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at a blog so I am still learning...

I also have some interest in the American Revolution/American War of Independence. But more about that later..

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces. Check out the following blog and chat to the owner. He is also developing a line of Indian Moghuls. And I have been painting a Moghul 7YW army for him for about two years. Lots of good info and links.

    http://golcondarising.blogspot.com/

    Are they your work or are they commissioned?

    Cheers
    PC

    http://callan-tinpotmichelangelo.blogspot.com/ Check out my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done.

    They are a little active for my collection but the sculpting is good.

    If I was to "request" something it would be marching Sepoy figures. These could be in a variety of native attire with older matchlock weapons.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These particular sculpts are by Leandro Ventic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really nice and I'd certainly be interested if you took the plunge. Look forward to seeing more in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all the best with your venture you have made a good start
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete